1. How do I get started with Habib Metropolitan Financial Services Limited (HMFS)?
You can simply contact us through our contact number 35364665-68 or our website www.hmfs.com.pk or you can also visit us personally. Our equity dealer will guide you through the process.
2. What types of services does HMFS provide?
We provide a complete package including first hand market information, high quality research and fast execution and settlement of transactions.
3. Why should I choose HMFS?
HMFS as it ranks amongst the top brokerage houses in the industry. It has been in the market for over 10 years and has created goodwill for itself.
4. Who is your typical client?
Any individual/corporate willing to take exposure in the capital markets and wants to get firsthand knowledge of Pakistan Stock Exchange.
5. Is there a minimum amount I need to invest to open an account?
Minimum requirement to open an account with HMFS is PKR. 50,000/-
6. How can I purchase/sell investments?
Once you open an account and entitlement is obtained, orders may also be placed over the telephone with the equity trader assigned for your service.
7. When does an investment purchase need to be paid for?
Orders will not be processed until your account has the necessary funds available to cover the order.
8. After an investment sale, in how much time will I have access to the proceeds?
Settlement policy in stock transactions is Trade Date plus 2 business days.
9. What is the procedure to cancel pending orders during system failure?
In case of IBTS System Failure due to any Reason, investors can call to our representatives to place, cancel, or inquire about their pending orders. Our Trade Officers can perform this on your behalf after your instructions. Investor can call us on our contact no. 021-35148162 to avail Order Placement / Cancellation facility.
10. How do you notify clients about their order executions?
Customers may view their order status directly by logging on to their online trading accounts or we have this practice to send them the order confirmation via email containing details about their executed transactions, at the day end.
11. What is a Margin Call Alert?
Margin call alerts can be simply explained as a message sent to the client when his session holdings or exposure exceeds his actual cash (Not Trading Limit) by a margin of 30%.
This generally happens when a client using a margin account, utilizes almost his entire trading limit and the value of the scrips held are declining in price per share. As the price declines, it reflects negatively on the actual cash holding (Not Trading Limit).
12. How are my orders processed and settled via internet?
Your orders placed through the internet (via TradeCast Application) are received at our server and immediately sent to the PSX via Fix Protocol for further processing.
If accepted, the order is queued for execution and upon successfully matching the rates of corresponding buyer/seller (as the case may be), it gets executed.
Although transaction is done on real time basis but the delivery of the securities is received in your CDC Sub Account on the 2ND working day after the transaction has been executed (in case of buying) and vise-versa in selling.
13. What are the risks of securities trading?
All the risks related to the securities trading have been appended in the Brokerage Account Agreement of the HMFS Account Opening Form, which can be accessed by clicking on its hyperlink.
14. How do I place/cancel my orders when I am unable to login into the software?
In case, you are unable to place/cancel your orders via internet, you may still place your orders via our Online Trader / Representative. You may call on 021-35148162 to avail Order Placement / Cancellation facility.
15. Where do I find the relevant rules and regulations governing securities trading, information regarding rights and obligations of the Investors, relevant legal provisions for Investor Protection, complaint handling and arbitration procedures, etc?
We have the PSX Rule Book in the Download Section of our website, which contains all the relevant information. However, if you require any specific details, you may call us at our office number 021-35364665-68 or email us at email@example.com for further assistance.